Couture Du Jour: Pajama Jeans

By now everyone in the history of owning a television has seen the fantastical commercial/infomercial thingy for Pajama Jeans: "jeans" you can wear to bed because really, who wants to be bothered with putting clean clothes on first thing in the morning when you can try to trick society into thinking last night's sweatpants are today's clean jeans? These are their story:

Friday September 16, 2001 - 10:00 am- picture arrives from SaraSara: whaaaat?
me: YES! A hop, skip and a jump away from being a shut-in!
me: OMG $40!
Sara: right?
me: $9.88 even seems a little pricey to me.
me: So tell me about pajama jeans. What do they look like in real life?
Sara: Omg. My first thought was, "Christine has to see these immediately." They're in a box, first of all.
me: IN A BOX! Love it. Please tell me some people opened the boxes to size them up.
Sara: YES! I had to dig to find one intact.
me: Do they come with the free tshirt...like on TV?
Sara: There was no free shirt!
me: RIPOFF! That free shirt is supposed to be a $60 value.
Sara: Right!?!
me: So how similar are they to jeggings? Are they more sweatpants, more jeans or in jegging territory?
Sara: If I had to categorize them, I'd put them more in the sweatpant zone
me: Ok so $40 blue sweatpants
Sara: That look like jeans....sort of.
me: $40 imitation denim sweatpants. Like imitation krab meat. Looks kind of like crab from certain angles but totally isn't.
Sara: ewww
Sara: I'm just at a loss, because how did this even come about? Who saw a need for this?
me: Clearly, according to the box, people who have a need to sleep in something that looks like jeans ?????
Sara: And it apparently has luxurious brushed interior...
me: What does that even mean?
Sara: You know these are made for the people who now will literally NEVER have to change their clothes.
me: I'm still stuck on the fact it does not come with the free tshirt. How will those people EVER manage to pick out an outfit now?
Sara: That's a valid concern.
Sara: Please reference the demonstration video

1 comments:

xine said...

Please visit http://stardanced.blogspot.com/ for more of Sara (and sometimes a little bit of me too).

Post a Comment